On Sunday 23 March 2008, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM, pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  - I'm going to buy ne disk and to make dd of the corrupted one
>
> Maybe sys-fs/ddrescue is suited for this job (?).
> Liviu

gparted is always the first choice in situations like these. The trick
is to realize that if you recreate the partition table the way it was
everything just comes back (assuming no destructive write to the drive
meanwhile, like mkfs.ntfs...) so all one needs to know is where did the
old partition end?

gparted can go hunting through a disk looking for that info

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com