While updating world and after emerging a new version of texinfo, I received the following error when it tried to remove the old version:

sys-apps/texinfo
   selected: 4.8-r5
  protected: 4.11-r1
    omitted: none

>>> 'Selected' packages are slated for removal.
>>> 'Protected' and 'omitted' packages will not be removed.

>>> Unmerging sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5...
/var/tmp/binpkgs/sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5/temp/environment: line 256: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /var/tmp/binpkgs/sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5/temp/environment: line 256: ` done <<(get_mounts);'
*
* ERROR: sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5 failed.
* Call stack:
*               ebuild.sh, line 1641:  Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
*      preprocess_ebuild_env || \
*              die "error processing environment"
*  The die message:
*   error processing environment
*
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant. * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/binpkgs/sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5/temp/build.log'. * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/binpkgs/sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5/temp/environment'.
*
!!! FAILED prerm: 1
* The 'prerm' phase of the 'sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5' package has failed
* with exit value 1. The problem occurred while executing the ebuild
* located at '/var/db/pkg/sys-apps/texinfo-4.8-r5/texinfo-4.8-r5.ebuild'.
* If necessary, manually remove the ebuild in order to skip the execution
* of removal phases.

How do I handle this? I notice it recommends removing the ebuild but how would that remove the old package? Should I just wait and re-sync after a while, hoping they fix it. Nothing in BGO yet.

Tony

  -- Benjamin Franklin