On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:30 PM, William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You have extended the partition, but the file system inside still ends
> at the old boundary.  You will need to resize it - reiserfs can do it (I
> know because I do this a couple of times a year :), so I presume that
> other, lesser file systems can also do it.

thank you for the reply, actually I've heard about this solution, and tried
to use
resize2fs to expand my filesystem (ext3), the problem is I didn't know how
to use
it, what does the "new size" parameter mean? the additional size or the new
complete
size?  and the device must be a partition rather than the whole disk,
otherwise,
it complains "Bad magic number in super-block", and for a partition, it
complains size
not match or too large. any ideas?

tks

fei