On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
> Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> thanks. 200 some packages, which would be removed. Quite a
> >> lot.
> >
> > If you've removed kde-meta, I'm not surprised.
>
> It's not (mainly) kde packages that show up there. It's:

I'm surprised these show up from --depclean:

>  app-admin/logrotate
>  app-arch/sharutils
>  app-crypt/hashalot
>  app-crypt/mhash
>  app-text/psutils
>  dev-libs/glib
>  dev-libs/lzo
>  dev-libs/pcre++
>  dev-util/yacc

After last week's entertainment, why are these not in your world?
>  media-libs/gstreamer
>  media-libs/libgpod
>  media-libs/libmp4v2
>  media-libs/libmpeg3
>  media-libs/libquicktime
>  media-libs/libsamplerate
>  media-libs/libsndfile
>  media-libs/libsvg
>  media-libs/libwmf
>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa
>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-esd
>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac
>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora

Hmm, more stuff that should be in world if you want it.
>  net-wireless/wireless-tools
>  sys-apps/acl
>  sys-apps/iproute2
>  sys-devel/automake
>  sys-devel/bin86
>  sys-devel/dev86

Ouch!! What did you do to this box that this one shows up? gcc is not in
world, it's in system, and the only way to get it out of there is to
edit the profile
>  sys-devel/gcc

I think you need to fix your world before before doing any --depclean
steps.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com