Hello.

Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
>> Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > If you've removed kde-meta, I'm not surprised.
>>
>> It's not (mainly) kde packages that show up there. It's:
>
> I'm surprised these show up from --depclean:
>
>>  app-admin/logrotate
>>  app-arch/sharutils
>>  app-crypt/hashalot
>>  app-crypt/mhash
>>  app-text/psutils
>>  dev-libs/glib
>>  dev-libs/lzo
>>  dev-libs/pcre++
>>  dev-util/yacc

Well - that's the way it is :)

> After last week's entertainment, why are these not in your world?

Why should they be in world? I prefer to only have in world,
what I really want. For example, I don't think that gst-plugins-alsa
belongs into world, if I have gst-plugins-meta installed.

[...]
>>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa
>>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-esd
>>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac
>>  media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora

That's interesting - why did those packages show up?
media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa is a dependency of
media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta, and -meta is in world:

$ grep meta /var/lib/portage/world
dev-java/metadata-extractor
media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta
x11-themes/metacity-themes

Strange.

Ah! Multiple versions again. gst-plugins-alsa was there
in versions 0.8.12 and 0.10.17.

> Hmm, more stuff that should be in world if you want it.
>>  net-wireless/wireless-tools
>>  sys-apps/acl
>>  sys-apps/iproute2
>>  sys-devel/automake
>>  sys-devel/bin86
>>  sys-devel/dev86
>
> Ouch!! What did you do to this box that this one shows up? gcc is not in
> world, it's in system, and the only way to get it out of there is to
> edit the profile

I haven't edited profile.

--($:~/Desktop)-- emerge --info
Portage 2.1.5_rc2 (default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.2.3, glibc-2.7-r2,
2.6.24-tuxonice-r3.r08.mit-ide-mod_2 i686)
[...]

>>  sys-devel/gcc
>
> I think you need to fix your world before before doing any --depclean
> steps.

Seems like :)
Michael