Peter Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just installed knode to see how Usenet has changed since I first used
> it 15 years ago, and I'm astonished to find that the default colours
> include white text on a white background for read threads and articles.

That's not the default. The default is a bright grey (on a white
background or whatever you have - background isn't set in Knode).

> Who on Earth wants these things to disappear when read?

I'm fine with the default. I don't care that much about read
threads. I actually like, that the default for unread threads/articles
is black. This way, they stand out more, which I really like, as
it draws attention to unread threads/articles first.

Example: http://michael-schmarck.share.s3.amazonaws.com/glgu/KNode-Colours.png

> What goes on in
> the mind of a typical developer these days?

No clue, but here something good was going on in the mind of
the Knode guys.

Michael