on Tuesday 04/29/2008 Alan McKinnon([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 > On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
 > > > This kind of gratuitous change is bullshit and *really* ticks me
 > > > off as useful important stuff just *goes away*
 > >
 > > I don't want to comment about the change. However, you could have
 > > found out easily all the available profiles by doing "eselect profile
 > > list":
 > >
 > > # eselect profile list
 > > Available profile symlink targets:
 >
 > Fair enough, except that I maintain make.profile manually using ln. Same
 > with /usr/src/linux. And I've been doing that since my first install
 > and have never needed to look for a front end tool that can replace one
 > simple command with one simple command.
 >
 > In fact, I didn't even know about this feature of eselect till 5 minutes
 > ago. So now there are two useful and important things that were not
 > communicated to users.

OK, what will I gain if I change the profile from
/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2006.1/desktop to
/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2007.0  (I don't even have a
2008.0 -- maybe I need to sync)?  Will it unmaks useful packages or
someting?

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?