on Wednesday 04/30/2008 John covici([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 > on Wednesday 04/30/2008 Neil Bothwick([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 >  > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:24:59 -0400, John covici wrote:
 >  >
 >  > >  > > I was trying to do an --update --deep --with-bdeps=y world today
 >  > >  > > and got the following strange message:
 >  > >  > > [blocks B     ] <gnome-base/gnome-applets-2.22.0 (is blocking
 >  > >  > > dev-libs/libgweather-2.22.1.1)
 >  >
 >  > > Hi.  The first case is the correct one -- the packages are in portage,
 >  > > but the version numbers listed are not on the system -- this is what I
 >  > > meant
 >  >
 >  > Note the < for gnome-applets, this means that a version less than 2.22.0
 >  > is causing the blockage. This could be caused by a number of things, for
 >  > example earlier version of gnome-applets included libgweather but it is
 >  > now in a separate package, so it would conflict with those earlier
 >  > versions.
 >  >
 >  > If you have a earlier gnome-applets installed, unmerge it then run the
 >  > world update. If it is not pulled in my the update, merge it manually
 >  > afterwards.
 >  >

 > I see, its tricky, but I guess it has a logic of its own.
 >
 > Thanks.

But now I have still more problems with blocking --
[blocks B     ] <media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6-r1 (is blocking
media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19)
[blocks B     ] dev-util/gtk-doc-am (is blocking
dev-util/gtk-doc-1.8-r2)
 I don't have either of the blocking packages on my system in any
 version!  And one of them doesnot have a < so there is something I
 don't understand here.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici