On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 08:20:44AM -0400, Michael George wrote:
> I noticed today that my man pages aren't displaying correctly.  Whenever
> I view one, I see the ESC codes rather than seeing bold fonts, etc.
>
> I don't remeber when I last used man and it displayed correctly, but I
> can check back 2 weeks this evening.
>
> I have tried several terminals (xterm, gnome-terminal, konsole) and all
> have the problem.
>
> Would this be a tercap problem?  Unicode issue, perhaps?

It was /etc/man-conf.  A change in the NROFF definition caused the
problem.  Running dispatch-conf didn't prompt me for the config change,
so I ran etc-update this time and found it.

Hopefully this will be helpful for someone.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.