On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Matthias Fechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried today to build vim but it fails.
> Now I want to make sure all packages needed by vim are installed
> correctly. To do this I decided to reinstall all packages need be vim.
>
> I checked the man page of emerge but could not found an option for this.
>
> Is there a possibility to reinstall all packages needed by vim?

> Thanks
> Matthias

This is my emerge for vim just after complete or a long doing the install
process. May it help you.

[ebuild  N    ] dev-util/ctags-5.5.4-r2  255 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-admin/eselect-vi-1.1.4  2 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-editors/vim-core-7.1.042  USE="acl bash-completion nls
-livecd" 8,642 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-editors/vim-7.1.042  USE="acl bash-completion gpm nls
perl python -cscope -minimal -ruby -vim-pager -vim-with-x" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-vim/gentoo-syntax-20070506  USE="-ignore-glep31" 19 kB