On Sun, 11 May 2008 21:59:35 +0200
Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 11 May 2008, Daniel Iliev wrote:
> > Are you, guys, doing some funky remounts like switch_root or
> > pivot_root (perhaps in initrd or initfs)?
>
> No, I get it too since the upgrade to baselayout-2
>
> I have a small / partition, everything else on lvm, drivers needed at
> kernel load time compiled in, no initrd

I downloaded openrc + baselayout-2 and did some digging on the
decompressed files, but didn't find anything "strange". Just the
opposite - at first glance the new scripts dealing with the root fs
appear to be not as complex as those in baselayout-1. The only thing,
which I could put a note on, was that baselayout-2 provides a
new /etc/fstab file.

So, please, check what your /etc/fstab reads about "/" in case you have
accidentally overwritten it by answering "yes" to etc-update or
dispatch-conf.

--
Best regards,
Daniel