Grant ha scritto:
 Sorry, I don't see how firmware can affect sensitivity. I've
 been involved in writing firmware for RF data communications
 stuff for a long time, and I've certainly never been able to
 affect sensitivity.

I can say that I was really struggling to get a reliable wireless
connection with the rt2x00 device and Hawking external antenna
anywhere in my garage.  I tried the madwifi device attached to the
same Hawking antenna and the difference was ridiculous.  I got a
perfectly reliable signal from the back of the garage, the point
furthest from the signal's source.

Now that I think about it, I could have enabled outdoor mode for
madwifi, but I can't check it right now.  Could that account for the
difference?

What's madwifi outdoor mode? I googled but I can't find some readable information.

m.