On Wednesday 28 May 2008, ionut cucu wrote:
> While gracefully working on my computer out of the blue, by keyboard
> stops working. Changing keyboards didn't help, only rebooting does. Both
> PS/2 keyboards...So I guess it's a computer issue...any ideas where I
> should start looking?

If you're using X, next time try the following: press Alt + SysRQ + r, switch
to console with Ctrl + Alt + F1 and start killing random programs,
occasionally switching back to X. In the past, I've had trouble with Amarok
jamming the keyboard; if you're using it, it might be a good first target for
your killing spree.

You need to have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y in the kernel for this to work (it's on
by default).

For a safer reboot, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key ,
especially the 'Raising Elephants' part.