When I use some KDE tools, most recently Konqueror, I get symptoms of a
mis-configuration which I think is dbus-related.
I've never fooled with it as far as I can remember, and I know nothing about
it.  So I'm hoping there's an easy cure.

The recent thing: opening a Konqeror windows for a freshly-mounted CDROM on
a freshly-rebooted system: a dialog box
claiming:
"A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message
to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name
"(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

Any ideas?

++ kevin