Wolf Canis wrote:
# mount -tproc proc /mnt/rescue/proc
# mount -obind /dev /mnt/rescue/dev

Ooops, I overlooked your cd command. Therefore the
mount command is of course correct. :-[

Hi,

I think this is, although the 'cd' command is executed, necessary as the mount command looks at /etc/fstab and if e.g. 'proc' is specified at command line mount uses information from fstab.
However, I think this problem is whether mount nor bash related. Try

# mount -tproc proc /mnt/rescue/proc
# mount -obind /dev /mnt/rescue/dev
# chroot /mnt/rescue /bin/bash

Especially check the permissions of /mnt/rescue/bin/bash and /bin/bash. They should be at least 0755. In case of there are several permission problems last time on my system ('up-to-date-system', no ~*) rebuild the package that include 'chroot' so that right permissions are set for the program and its libs.

I hope this helps in any way and excuse me for that bad English.

Regards,

acm.