dhk wrote:
Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 06:24:22 +0000, dhk wrote:

1) The cvs I removed because I want to try subversion, but when I do an "emerge -uDNp world" cvs shows in the list. The /var/lib/portage/world doesn't have cvs in it either. This isn't a Blocking problem, but
every update installs cvs again.

That's because something on your system depends on cvs. This is not a
problem, programs hat need cvs will use cvs, those that want subversion
will use that. Instaling both does no harm.
I just was to get rid of cvs since I'm not using it. How do I find what depends on it?
This one is resolved. After doing and emerge --search cvs there were two cvs packages installed: cvs and colorcvs. When I did and emerge -C cvs and then emerge -uDNp world, cvs was back in the list to get installed again. After doing an emerge -C colorcvs the cvs package didn't show up in the emerge -uDNp world list.

For future reference, emerge has a --tree (-t) option to show what packages are pulling in others.

PaulNM