Nicolas Sebrecht schrieb:
Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit:

man 5 ebuild

Search for EXTRA_ECONF

I have a new question then. Let's take an example:
An ebuild has this line "econf --configure-option=foo" and my EXTRA_ECONF is set to "--configure-option=bar".

Is the issue actually known and would it be the same all the time ?
The used option will be "foo" or "bar" ?

I would think, that the command is "econf --configure-option=bar --configure-option=foo".
econf does:

configure           --prefix=/usr \
                       --host=${CHOST} \
                       --mandir=/usr/share/man \
                       --infodir=/usr/share/info \
                       --datadir=/usr/share \
                       --sysconfdir=/etc \
                       --localstatedir=/var/lib \
                       "$@"  \
                       ${LOCAL_EXTRA_ECONF}

Where ${LOCAL_EXTRA_ECONF} is your ${EXTRA_ECONF} plus some more settings and $@ is "--configure-option=foo".
portage seems to not deal with this case. I'm afraid of what it could
happen if it's depending on the configure script.