On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:26:29 +0100, Stroller wrote:

> > I guess most of us choose the reply-button, cause it' easier than
> > having to look-up the email address.
>
> My email client allows me to right-click on a recipient of an
> existing message and choose "new message", creating an empty message
> that does not hijack the thread.

Claws Mail also allows you to reply in the hijacky way, then select
"Remove references" from the Compose window's menu, turning it into a new
mail.

Actually, the name of the Reply button is a dead giveaway, using it for
anything other than a reply is clearly abuse of its function :)

--
Neil Bothwick

DANGER! DANGER! Computer store ahead...hide wallet.