However when I emerge sudo, install and run it the following comes up with:

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System

Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

    #1) Respect the privacy of others.

    #2) Think before you type.

    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Password:

Which is all very good but I don’t really want to see it every time, I have searched on how to remove it but have found nothing, I did download sudo tar and do a grep and found it in one of the c files but as I am not a programmer I don’t know if I can simply remove this or not.

How can I, when I sudo,:

1.get rid of all the text

2.change the password line to something, dare I say it, like ubuntu, e.g. [sudo] password for paul, I assume paul is just a $USER

Cheers

paul

Look at /etc/sudoers It is very well documented.

I have a line like
# Same thing without a password
%wheel  ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL
which mean sthat anyone in the wheel group can use sudo as you want.

Anthony