On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:13:20 -0400
Willie Wong wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 01:02:39PM -0400, Penguin Lover David Relson
> squawked:
> > Jun 29 12:53:02 fpc Failure writing to cs5535 codec
> > Jun 29 12:53:02 fpc Failure reading codec reg 0x7a,Last
> >        value=0x7a800000
> >
> > I've got no idea why this started nor what software is responsible
> > for generating these messages.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >

> cs5535 seems to refer to the alsa audio driver
> the only thing software-wise that I can find with acronym fpc is the
> free pascal compiler... which I admit doesn't make much sense: why
> would a compiler care about writing to an audio driver?
>
> HTH,

Hi Willie,

The box with the problem is named "fpc" which is why that string is in
the logging record.

The box is a fit-pc -- a nifty little low power gentoo machine I got a
few months ago.  The cs5535 problem went away after I upgraded its
kernel from 2.6.20 to 2.6.24. I still don't know the actual cause of
the problem and (since it's gone) have stopped worrying.

Thanks for taking the time to search & help.

Regards,

David