* KH ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [05.07.08 13:24]:
> Hi,
>
> after reading some emails from the list I have been trying to unmerge
> cdrkit and to emerge cdrtools. I aslo hat to unmerge dvd+rw-tools and kino.
> Anyway I am still not able to emerge cdrtools.
>
> !!! Cannot write to '/usr/include/scsilib/scg'.
> !!! Please check permissions and directories for broken symlinks.
> !!! You may start the merge process again by using ebuild:
> !!! ebuild /usr/portage/app-cdr/cdrtools/cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha34.ebuild
> merge
> !!! And finish by running this: env-update
>

> than there is a very long list I can post if needed.
>
> ls -lah /usr/include/scsilib/scg
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Jun 25 12:48 /usr/include/scsilib/scg ->
> /usr/include/scsilib/usal
>
> on my xterm there is red highlighting under the output.
>
> What can I do to install cdrtools correctly to a working standard?

If I'm not mistaken, it means there is a dangling symlink.

if
# ls -lah /usr/include/scsilib/usal
shows something like no such file or directory, then
# rm /usr/include/scsilib/scg
and continue as above mentioned with
# ebuild /usr/portage/app-cdr/cdrtools/cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha34.ebuild merge

HTH
Sebastian

P.S.: I don't use kino so just try a
# emerge -pvt kino
afterwards, to look what it tries to pull in.

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]@N GÜNTHER         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]