Joerg Schilling wrote:
Mark Kirkwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joerg, you have a certain opinion... and that is all it is! Other people, some of them Debian maintainers have a different one. This is a common situation, and it is allowed - in fact desirable in many situations.

If said opinions are believed to effect someones livelihood, then there can be a court case where one set of opinions becomes the one that everyone within the jurisdiction of that court must (at least in public) agree to. That has *not* happened with respect your cdrtools license change, hence (many) differing opinions about it.

You missunderstand things - sorry.

Some issues are _so_ obvious that all lawyers have the same opinion without the need for a court case.

The GPL may not be written in a way that allows it to be understood from the first attempt you read it, but if you carefully read it 20+x, you will finally see where things are obvious and whatintention is behind the GPL. (snippage)

Sorry Joerg, but again - just your opinion! If it was so obvious there would not *be* numerous discussions keeping you busy about this! Note that I may actually agree with your opinion about the intent of the GPL, but that would be just *my* opinion!

I believe that once you understand this, you will be able to disagree less antagonistically, and cease alienating folk (which I would like to see, as you have much of value to contribute - but currently your presentation of ideas does not help anyone to listen!).

regards

Mark