Alan McKinnon wrote:
It's a sad day for me today. Uwe Thiem, who has been on this list longer than I have, passed away on Friday. My friend Alastair put up a little tribute here:

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2574

What that page doesn't say is how much Uwe loved gentoo. A long-time subscriber around here, his posts must number in the 100s if not 1000s. I'm gonna miss him, even though he lived only 1000km away (a trivial distance in Africa) I never did get to collect that pitcher of Namibia's finest he owed me. I guess now I never will.

Does anybody know what the cause of death was? Did he have cancer, heart attack or something?
Thanks

Dale