I'm sorry, I wasnt clear in my original post.

When using gnome in ubuntu, clicking the sort by name in nautilus sorts using
[Aa]-[Zz]

When using gnome in gentoo, clicking the sort by name in nautilus yields
A-Z-a-z.

The same thing happens for coreutils ls, and so on.

Is there any file or configuration I have to check to use case
insensitive sorting
in gnome?

--
thing.