>> > OK, did you call
>> >
>> > emerge -avtDuN world?
>>
>> Of course, that's the confusing part. :)
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> Maybe it is just a buildtime dependency, if you only have the doc
> USE-flag and not the xsl USE-flag enabled, this is very likely the
> cause.

I actually don't have doc or xsl USE explicitly enabled.  depclean
wants to remove libxslt, so I'm doing that.  It's confusing because
'equery depends libxslt' says php and glib depend on libxslt.  I guess
that's the buildtime dependency you're talking about?  Does that mean
the package only needs to be installed while php and glib and being
compiled, and can then be removed?

- Grant