On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM, David Relson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A few years back I bought a Tyan SMP board (dual Athlon 1000's if I
> recall).  I was very pleased as it screamed through builds.  Then
> summer arrived, and with a computer room that gets warmish, I had lots
> of cooling problems.  That fall the power supply fried itself and the
> mobo.  To make a long story short, the Tyan was nice, but not right for
> me.  My present Athlon 64 X2 is doing very nicely now...

The Tyan Thunder I am running at work is also a power hungry dog, but
would that not be mainly because of the CPUs?  Wouldn't newer Opterons
be more efficient?  That's what I'm hoping for.

Yes, I like the Athlon 64 XP2.  The point being that the Tyan was a
cadillac of a motherboard---and priced out of my range.

Alan

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
 ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man

"We have no art. We do everything as well as we can." ---Balinese saying