Hi group,

Couple days ago my PC suddenly froze and I had to reset. So I checked this and
that and found out eventually that only by booting with the noapic option could
the system be accessed. Even the BootCD requires it.

This is an Asrock mobo, about 3 mos old, with nForce3 chip-set. I'm using the
2.6.24 kernel with all apic options set 'y'.

questions:
This happen to anybody else. Is there a fix? Does it matter? In the little time
I've spent don't notice much different. What would cause a PC to suddenly
require the noapic option when it didn't need it before?

Maxim