On Friday 15 August 2008 09:10:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Yes, it's bleeding-edge :-) This is in an effort to get some
> > performance out
> > of what should be a very decent video card. It also eats
> > babies, or more often
> > the window decorations on konsole.
>
> I've had a similar issue ("similar" in that it was not exclusive to
> konsole) and tracked it down to having the KDE_IS_PRELINKED env var set
> while KDE was actually *not* prelinked.  So check if that's the case on
> your system.

Not the case here. Not even I would dare try prelink KDE4 just yet :-)

> PS:
> Give Yakuake a try; it doesn't even need a decorator.  I only recently
> discovered it and after using it for a few minutes I even went as far as
> trying to unmerge Konsole ;)

I know about Yakuake, exceptionally nice console. I used it for a while, but
found it interferes with my custom toolbar that drops down from the top edge.
Maybe I should just try it again, I see there's a version 4 in the overlay
these days

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com