Paul Hartman schrieb:
Is the network card in this laptop (an Intel 82567LM Gigabit network
controller) supported in the newest linux kernel or will I have to wait?

If it is supported, how would I go about booting with a newer kernel?
<snip>
Alternatively, there should be a linux driver for your ethernet
controller on Intel's site. If you can download it on another machine
and copy it to your new one, maybe you can compile & load the module
during the installation
I have downloaded the intel network driver and saved it on my usb thumbdrive. The problem is that I need a LiveCD with the kernel sources and gcc to compile the network driver for the kernel.

I do have another linux machine here, but it's currently only accessible via ssh (no graphics). Would that help me somehow?

Regards,
Jan Seeger