Michael Sullivan wrote:
Awhile back there was a thread about grub working but the menu not
showing up, and in that thread there was a setting suggested, something
like "vga=" or something like that.  Can anyone refresh my memory as to
the name of that thread or the setting to make the menu show up?

Was it this exchange?

Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:47:52 +0000
dhk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sebastian Günther wrote:
> > * Andrew Tchernoivanov ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [15.07.08 01:41]:
> >> Are the characters on the screen readable?  I had this problem
> >> too, along with the black grub screen. If they aren't - try adding
> >> vga=0x31B to your grub.conf
> >>
> > Why should that help with grub? Did not found any hint, that ther
> > is a grub option called like that.
> > with the grub issue.
> So what is the solution to making grub visible again?  I remember
> when it changed, I didn't understand the message displayed and I
> still don't know the fix.
> > Running emerge --config grub doesn't work. > > Is it as simple as changing the path of the splash image to > /usr/share/grub/ and running grub-install? > > Thanks,
> Dave

Just cp /usr/share/grub/splash.xpm.gz /boot/grub/

Or you could point to it in /usr, unless if you have /usr in lvm or
something else that grub wont be able to see

Dale

:-) :-)

Miika