On Sunday 14 September 2008 19:28:28 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> because not everybody wants to install that bloated thing

Not bloated.

> watch it devour config files

Lies.

> and be insulted by the troll-brigade.

The only people who get insulted are those who repeatedly and deliberately
spread vicious lies, FUD and personal attacks.

> Making the 'official' overlay paludis-only was a BIG mistake.

It's not "paludis-only", it will work with any package manager whose
developers care enough to support the useful features of the kdebuild-1 EAPI.

> And as kdesvn-portage shows - it was unneeded.

"Unneeded" is a funny word.  You don't "need" ebuilds at all, but that doesn't
mean they're not useful.

> 'We need the features of paludis' was shown as bs.

No-one said any such thing.  They did say that they were sick of waiting years
and years for Portage to provide features that would have made their and
their users lives a lot easier.

> Just another little trick by the paludis-group

The KDE overlay isn't produced by the "paludis-group".

> to convert people.

No, to provide ebuilds that make use of useful features that benefit both
users and developers.

> Luckily that failed.

Wrong.