On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 04:05:19PM +0000, Penguin Lover Grant Edwards squawked:
> > Can you show the contents of python-updater -vp?
>
>   # python-updater -vp
>   [...]
>   unrecognised option: -vp

Oops, my bad.

> Running python-updater -v -p says this (all packages except
> openoffice have been emerged at least once since python was
> updated):
>
>  * Starting Python Updater from 2.4 to 2.5 :
>  * check "soname" enabled.
>  * check "pylibdir" enabled.
>  * check "eclass" disabled.
>  * check "manual" enabled.
>  *   Adding to list: =dev-libs/boost-1.34.1-r2
>  *     check: manual [Added to list manually]
>  *   Adding to list: =x11-libs/vte-0.16.14
>  *     check: manual [Added to list manually]
>  *   Adding to list: =app-office/gnumeric-1.8.3
>  *     check: manual [Added to list manually]
>  *   Adding to list: =app-office/openoffice-2.4.1
>  *     check: soname [ Libraries linked to old libpython found:
>  *     libpython2.4.so.1.0 /usr/lib/openoffice/program/pythonloader.uno.so
> libpython2.4.so.1.0 /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libpyuno.so
>  *     ]

Okay, then, it is not a bug. The packages listed belong to the
PKGS_MANUAL set defined the python-updater. The comment there says:

   "packages that should be re-emerged even if they don't fit the
   criteria (eg. ones that have pythong compiled statically)"

So that is the designed behaviour. I would prefer it like this rather
than having packages that need re-emerging omitted. That said, you can
pass the flag

   -dmanual

to disable re-emerging those packages. (You can even fine tune which
sets you want to re-emerge.) Read the python-updater man page for
details.

HTH,

A backwards poet writes inverse.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 648 days, 14:57