From: BRM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 10:32:30 PM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge takes a long time calculating dependencies...

Well...I got to trying the methods out tonight...and first started with a
'time' of my standard procedure...

$ time emerge world -vuDNp
real    1m41.658s
user    1m8.664s
sys     0m16.921s

$ time emerge world -vuDNp
real    0m36.697s
user    0m35.026s
sys     0m1.124s

That was two runs right in a row...but no where near the time level I saw the
other day - which was well over half an hour. (I went to bed before it stopped
the other day...)

I am going to guess that it was a portage cache issue and the daily update
fixed it, or something.

Any how...will keep the ideas in mind should it happen again.

Thanks All!

Ben