On Sunday 21 September 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:05:35 +0100, Mick wrote:
> > Could you please tell me what is the access rights on the provoxy log
> > file on your machine?
> >
> > For some reason mine look like this:
> >
> > # ls -la /var/log/ | grep priv
> > drwxr-x---  2      51 privoxy     408 Sep 21 07:40 privoxy
>
> That's the /var/log/privoxy directory, and the permissions are the same
> as mine, user-writeable and group-readable. Do ls -l /var/log/privoxy to
> see the logfile.
>
> Why did you use grep here, that's what caused the confusion?

Thank you both, I'll change ownership to privoxy:privoxy.  Probably the result
of some corruption?  I used grep to just list privoxy instead of the whole
of /var/log.  I could as well have used ls -la /var/log/privoxy (and type
fewer characters) but the power of habit forced my hand!  Ha!  :-)
--
Regards,
Mick