No, no, no!... I was, is and am going to be on Gentoo. Just want to install
Linux to my friend's PC. I can download installation CD iso (or two), but
the main problem is, that PC during next few months will have dialup
connection (33600) only. As a result, I need to choose Linux with minimal
net traffic in mind (just security updates will be sufficient). There are
no any special demands (OOo, images and PDF viewer, Firefox, Thunderbird
and Krusader (or other two panel file manager) will be a sufficient apps
set for beginning, + booting to level 5).

Suggestions?

P.S. You see, there is a little sense to address this question to, say, suse
or ubuntu or other candidate's community :-) - so, excuse please for OT.

Andrew