Hi, i have spent the weekend trying to get my new Hauppage USB tv stick to work
under linux.

I have been constantly perplexed by references to compilable kernel modules I
couldn't see! I assumed it was because they referred to old modules or
something.

But having downloaded and booted into Knoppix and run make menuconfig on that i
have confirmed that kernel seems to have 10's of TV card chipset drivers
availible to compile whereas gentoo-sources/vanilla-sources emerged on my
machine have maybe 2 or 3.

Can someone offer me some assistance as to why this might be?

Thank you

(This is my first mailing list post - please be gentle!)

N: Jon Hardcastle
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
'The writing is on the wall...'