Folks,

Has anyone used AutoFS with the automounter information coming from
LDAP?

I have a LDAP server with the necessary maps setup.  I have a number of
LDAP clients on Debian successfully using this.  However, I cannot get
this to work with Gentoo.  When I try to start autofs I get a message
saying "failed".  I have also tried starting by handing using the
automount command that is running on my Debian box, however, it just
exits.  The /usr/lib/autofs/autofs-ldap-auto-master returns the correct
information.  However, automounter will not start.

Mike.