On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Any idea why this happens:
> 150 Ok to send data.
> 100% |***********************************|   224 MiB   46.74 KiB/s    00:00
> ETA
> 226 File receive OK.
> 235279855 bytes sent in  1:21:59 (46.70 KiB/s)
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (205,178,145,65,166,71)
> 150 Ok to send data.
>  34% |***********                        |   115 MiB   46.80 KiB/s  1:19:27
> ETAtnftp: Writing to network: Connection reset by peer
>  0% |                                   |    -1        0.00 KiB/s    --:--
> ETA
> 500 OOPS: child died
>
> It is rare that I am able to complete more than a single file transfer before
> the "connection is reset by peer".  As these are relatively large files and
> the upload is unattended this is rather annoying.
> --
> Regards,
> Mick

That used to happen to me when I was using a piece-of-junk D-Link
router. It was one of those $29.99 consumer-grade deals. It would
reboot itself constantly when it was under any kind of load. I
replaced it with a $50 router with DD-WRT and things have been fine
ever since. Might not have anything to do with your problem, but I
figured I'd mention it. Check your router logs to see if it's having
any problems.

Yhsnkd,
Paul