Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I cant remember where in preferences it was but there is an option to
> change to "classic" update style, this works a treat and should solve
> your problem without having to go to overlay's and the like.

OK, I found -->Windows -->Preferences -->General -->Capabilities

and activated >Classic, >Developement and >Team

then hit apply.

That fixes the -->Help -->Software updates button.

all good.

But I still cannot seem to find/figure out how to install "C"

I get 2 buttons:

-->Help -->Software Updates

one yields: Cannot launch the Update UI. This installation has not
been configured properly for Software Updates.

The other one:
-->Help -->Software updates( is tabbed with 2 choices):

Find and install
and
Manage Configuration

Exploring every option under each button, neither show me plugin modules
to install?

Any help or a wiki is much appreciated. I'm just trying to install
C (CDT) at the moment, but other language supports is of interest
to me too.

James