Marko Kocić wrote:
I have a quastion related to vanilla-sources kernel.

After upgrading vanilla-sources from 2.6.26 to 2.6.28_rc2 I am not
able to boot anymore. I tried playing with menuconfig couple of times,
but couldn't find what I have to change in order to make it work
again.

The error message while booting is like this:

Using IPI shortcut mode
BIOS EDD facility v 0.16 2004-Jul-25 1 devices found
VFS: Cannot open root device "307" on unknown-block(3,7)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
partitions:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-
block(3,7)

Note that in my lilo.conf I have root=/dev/hda7 line for all kernels.

My guess is that you would need to specify /dev/sda7 instead.