在 2008-11-15六的 18:38 -0600,Dale写道:
> Harry Putnam wrote:
> > I posted some output in anther thread concerning update world
> >  (Subject: How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem)
> >
> > Someone noticed I had too many x11 drivers installed and suggested I
> > set the /etc/make.conf VIDEO_CARDS variable (which I never have set
> > before)
> >
> > I figured out I have an nvidia card so set VIDEO_CARDS="nv"
This should be OK, nv will use the opensource driver, while nvidia will
use the closed-source driver.
> > Now with my emerge -vuDN @system @world complete I'm unable to start
> > X. (More on that later in a separate thread.
This could also caused by mis-configuration of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, I
think you'd better post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> > << SNIP >>
> >
> > Whats all that for?
> >
> > Checking dependancies on a few I see:
> >
> > dep -l x11-drivers/xf86-video-voodoo:
> >    ! x11-base/xorg-x11-6.9
> >
> > on all I checked.
> >
> > What can this mean?

If you need to prune the unused video drivers, please try to use (with
caution please):

emerge --ask --depclean

Regards,