Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> Hi, Dale!
>
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 05:14:42AM -0600, Dale wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>

>> I have a pretty old install tho I have moved it from one drive to
>> another once, using cp -av.  It got to big for the old hard drive.
>> Anyway, the install is about 5 years old or so and about 3 years since
>> it got moved.  I have Gentoo on it naturally, a ship load of pictures
>> and a few other standard documents and such.  I found something called
>> frag check on the forums a long time ago and I got this from it:
>>

>>> 9.46189733169307% non contiguous files, 1.33812703640673 average
>>> fragments.
>>>

> That would be, what, 24683 non contiguous files from 251073 in total?
>
> Just curious.  :-)
>

>> Dale
>>

>> :-)  :-)

Oh, I got about 86,000 pictures alone.  Some I got from the net and some
with my camera.  I'm a pack rat so if I take a pic, I keep it even if it
sucks.  I don't have but a few mp3 files tho.

I checked with Konqueror and there are 491,319 files and 52,074
directories.  Since some of those may be big files, OOo comes to mind,
10% may not be to bad.  Not sure how it would treat huge files that are
spread out just because of its size.

Still curious?  Ask away.

Dale

:-)  :-)