On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:37:45AM -0500, Penguin Lover Willie Wong squawked:
> emerge --update --deep --pretend world is pulling in
>   x11-wm/enlightenment-0.16.999.050
>
> I currently have
>   x11-wm/enlightenment-0.16.8.14
> installed, and was given to understand that the *.999 branch is the
> devel branch. Looking at the ebuilds show that 0.16.8.14 has
>
>   KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 ppc ppc64 sh sparc x86
>   ~x86-fbsd"
>
> while 0.16.999.50 has
>
>   KEYWORDS=""
>
> I don't have any /etc/portage/package.keywords entry.
>
> So why is 0.16.999.50 being pulled in?

Ah... nevermind. It was not a problem with portage. 0.16.999.50 is not
even in the tree; it was added to the enlightenment overlay by
vapier. Apparently it inherits from the enlightenment eclass, which
has

<snip>
case ${EKEY_STATE:-${E_STATE}} in
        release) KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 mips ppc ppc64 sh sparc
x86 ~x86-fbsd";;
        snap)    KEYWORDS="~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sh
~sparc ~x86 ~x86-fbsd";;
        live)    KEYWORDS="";;
esac
</snip>

Can anyone tell me what this is about? I know some people on this list
use the enlightenment overlay: so why is it that the ebuilds for
0.16.999.50 and 9999, which don't look all that different to my untrained
eye, which both inherit enlightenment, and thus both set the KEYWORDS
using that snipplet above, will behave such that the former is trying
to be installed on my system while the latter is not?

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
should on no account be allowed to do the job."

- Some wisdom from The Book.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 726 days, 13:28