On 2008-12-06, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    After reading through this thread again, doing some online study
> and sending my dad out to find out what he could buy locally he found
> Sam's Club has this HP Color LaserJet for $280 which has specs that
> look pretty good to me:

Color laser printers are great for things like maps, charts,
diagrams, and graphs, but I've never seen one that did a decent
job with photos.  [However, itq has been at least a year since
I looked at printers.] So if printing photos is a requirement,
make sure the printer in question does a good enough job for
you.

In my experience, any HP that does postscript will work great
with Linux.  You may want to confirm that there's a .ppd file
for that model so that CUPS can take advantage of all the bells
and whistles (e.g. selecting resolution, paper source,
controlling duplexing, etc.).

--
Grant