Neil Walker <neil <at> ep.mine.nu> writes:

James wrote:
> > http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=17669+CP

> > My question is has anyone every got one of these working on gentoo,
> > or a similar product from another vendor?

> Errm ....... quite honestly, why would you want to?

Lots of reasons. Turn a laptop into a multi segment router
at winblows friend's house. One of many cool things you can do.

Sniffing specific subnets while sending normal packets out another
interface.

I do a lots of machine control, in 'up-tight' networks as a consultant.
Lots of things one can do to impress the folks that pony up the cash.....

cheers!

James