Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:16:59 +0000, Miguel Ramos wrote:

I did put the lengthly list of files in package.keywords with ~amd64,
but I'm not sure this is the beast approach in the long run.

Make /etc/portage/package.keywords a directory, then run autounmask x11-base/xorg-server, which will create a separate file in
that directory. That way all your keywording for xorg is kept separate
from other packages you may wish to run as ~arch.

That failed. I had to keyword autounmask itself first (the stable version isn't stable.)

Then did the above command. All it did was creating a file autounmask-xorg-server with this inside:

 # ---
 # BEGIN: x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3
 # ---
 =x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3 ~amd64
 # ---
 # END: x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3
 # ---

Obviously, that isn't doing anything useful.