Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 14 December 2008 17:17:15 CJoeB wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As a Canadian, I subscribe to a loyalty program called Airmiles.  When I
>>> go into the Airmiles site, it does not display properly in Firefox, even
>>> though I have the Flash Player installed.  I just emerged Opera and the
>>> Air Miles site works just fine.  Is this a bug with Firefox and should I
>>> be reporting on the Firefox web site?
>>>
>>> And please, lets not get into a discussion of which browser is better.
>>> I like Firefox just fine and have never had any complaints about it
>>> until recently when Airiles must have updated their site and there must
>>> be (I assume) some incompatibility between their site and Firefox.  This
>>> site seems to be the only one that I've encountered where Flash doesn't
>>> work properly.
>>>
>> What version are you using? I got very good results upgrading to latest v10
>> even though it's hard masked. And it's 64 bit so I don;t need all that
>> wrapper stuff anymore

I'm using version 10.0.12.36-r1,

> Also, if you're using Firefox add-ons such as flashblock or
> adblockplus, I would try disabling them. Sometimes they interfere in
> the rendering of the page even when you've whitelisted the site.

I don't use flashblock, but *do* use adblockplus.  However, I tried
disabling adblockplus and that was no help.  What I don't understand is
why the site would display just fine in Opera, but not in Firefox.  And
I'm 99% positive that the issue is with flash 'cause if I right-click on
the portions of the page that don't display properly in firefox, I get a
menu on the bottom of which is "About Flashplayer 10.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.  I'll keep them in mind! :-)

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org