Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2008 21:48:50 Willie Wong wrote:
>

>> Basically you just need
>>

> [...]
>
> What else do we need if the printer is an HP DJ4260? This seems to need
> net-print/hplip installed, but I haven't been able to get this working; it
> seems I haven't resolved a misconfiguration between hplip and cups.
>
> (Thanks for your description - it's enough to get my laser printer working.
> Not the inkjet, though.)

I use that exact printer.  I set mine up with hp-setup as root.  You do
need a GUI or at least mine did.  If you type in hp- and then hit tab
twice, you will see some other interesting commands as well.  The set up
is pretty straight forward on mine.   Cups seemed to do its thing after
that as well.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)