Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Gentoo is difficult to install.  Also, if it's left un-updated for
> longer periods of time, it tends to break on the next update.  I guess
> that's the downside of being versionless.  Debian on the other hand, due
> to it being versioned, doesn't have that problem.

When I ran an internal gentoo server at my last job, I would try to
schedule an update about once a month.  That was a lesson learned after
the box just worked great for 7 months, then we wanted to add a new
application that needed newer libraries, that turned into a 2 day
marathon to update the server (it was old, slow hardware).

I will predict that you will most miss portage after having to deal with
the brain dead apt package manager.

Good Luck