James Stull wrote:
What is the best way to block this package?

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:35 AM, pk <pete...@coolmail.se> wrote:

James Stull wrote:
I switched my eselect profile from a generic gentoo system to desktop.
Unfortunately I keep getting this error when I run "emerge -uDNav world"
tried it with the --skipfirst flag but I continue to have this problem.

 * One or more packages are either masked or have missing dependencies:
 *
 *   =dev-java/java-sdk-docs-1.6.0* pulled in by:
 *     ('installed', '/', 'dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.11', 'nomerge')
 *
Hi,

The docs are fetch-restricted; you need to download the documentation
from "http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/"; and follow the instructions in
the ebuild.

Don't use the "doc" USE flag of sun-jdk. That is, put this in /etc/portage/packages.use:

  dev-java/sun-jdk -doc